Life is beautiful. Life is a gift. Life can be filled with a series of wonderful moments of joy, love, achievements, peace, laughter, and magical moments.
However, that’s not always the case 24/7. As much as we enjoy life and appreciate life, we all know that it’s not only the high moments in life but, we get the lows as well. The downright heartbreaking, tough, sad, confusing, perplexed, and challenging times.
As much as I’d love to have a residential address in the town of Pleasantville (in reference to the movie), that’s not an option.
At one point or another in time, we will all experience challenges. No matter who you are, what tax bracket you’re in, your lifestyle, mindset or zip code.
You can be one of the most positive, optimistic, bubbliest people on earth. It’s inevitable to avoid. So with this fact known, how do you overcome some of your challenges? Also, what are some practical and effective steps to take?
A good first step is to take a moment. Breathe and evaluate the situation or circumstance. Taking calm deep breaths will help you to remain calm as well as to properly evaluate your challenge with a clear mind and level head.
Another is to pray and lean on our creator for strength, guidance, and direction for whatever you may need. I’m a witness that prayer works! Lord knows we cannot lean on our own strength or understanding.
Psalm 37:23 “The steps of a man are established by the Lord, when he delights in his way.”
1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.
Here are a few more steps that I usually take:
- Focus on the solution not the problem
- Look back at how far the Lord has brought you. Look at how you’ve overcome challenges in the past that seemed like you would never overcome
- Remain hopeful and positive
- Be encouraged in the word of God and stand on his word
- Find support in people who delight in your happiness
- Keep a journal to get your feelings out (keeping them bottled up is unhealthy)
- Talk with a Life coach. Say Life! is a great recommendation! 🙂
- Think of practical step by step actions in which you can slowly but surely overcome this challenge
- Don’t beat yourself up!
- NO Negative talk or self sabotaging!
- Focus on your strengths!
- Focus on ONE step of action at a time VS. everything as a whole. This way you’ll avoid feeling overwhelmed and you’ll have quicker timeframes of success in smaller, reachable actions which will keep you moving forward.
- Lastly, don’t give up! Keep moving forward!
These are just a few basic steps and reminders to keep you going! Please know you are not alone. Reach out as needed and don’t be afraid to ask for help. Don’t look at others who seem to have it all figured out and think some people don’t struggle with challenges. Everyone deals with their own unique set of challenges. This is in reference to social media posts as well as in daily life.
Be encouraged. Keep it moving and expect to overcome. May all your dreams come true and you come out on the other side of your challenges stronger and wiser!